Hawera Intermediate School
Children, Parents, School – “Together we make a difference.”
- Our learners will reflect and take ownership of their learning, setting goals to achieve their next learning steps.
- Our learners will experience high quality literacy and numeracy programmes to support individual needs
- Our learners will be engaged in learning programmes based on needs established from high quality formative and summative assessment.
- Our teachers are reflective practitioners always striving to improve practice and learner outcomes.
- Our learners have a voice in driving teaching and learning programmes.
- All learners will experience programmes based on their needs and interests, supported to achieve their personal best.
- Our learners will gain a shared cultural understanding based on kaupapa of Ngati Ruanui.
- Through movement, sound and image our learners will contribute to the cultural life of the school.
- Our learners will acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that equip them for living in a world of diverse peoples.
- Our learners seize opportunities to participate in a range of individual and team sports.
- Our learners make healthy choices – caring for themselves and the environment.
- Our learners will learn about the changes during adolescence and develop effective self management strategies.
- Home – School Partnerships; H.I.S. engages whanau to support our learners at home.
- Our learners are effective users of communication.
- H.I.S. engages the transitional schools to open pathways to further learning.
- Our learners will develop competencies to live, learn and work as active members of their communities.
- Our learners will experience learning which connects them to the environment and engages the wider community.